So I was nominated for The Versatile Award by Lou (thank you very much!) and I thought it would be a fun way for you to get to know me a bit better.
1) I am turning 20 next month which absolutely terrifies me – I’m not ready to not be a teenager any more! I am however looking forward to celebrating with family and friends.
2) I am studying English Language at University and I absolutely love it. It’s quite a versatile degree so I study things like the phonology of language (sounds thrilling, huh), how to teach English to speakers of other languages and how children learn to read and write.
3) I have a 9 year old black toy poodle and I absolutely adore him. I love going on walks with him in the country and then cuddling up in front of a film with him on my lap. He’s definitely one of the things I miss most when I’m at uni!
4) If I could have any super power in the world it would be to heal pain. Whether that’s pain from serious things like starvation or illness or more personal things like heartbreak, I so wish (as I’m sure everyone does!) that I had the power to heal it. Sadly this won’t ever be possible so I have to settle with trying to be a good friend and making a difference in the small ways I can.
5) I am addicted to watching Youtube videos and I love so many different Youtubers, but if I could only pick four to watch for the rest of time it would be: (these are in no particular order because I go through phases of watching one person to death, and then another, and then back to the first etc.)
1) Tanya Burr. If you’ve read any of my other blog posts then you will probably know that I am a huge fan of her book ‘Love, Tanya’ and I love coming home and watching one of her vlogs with a cup of tea after a stressful day.
2) Sprinkle of Glitter. Who doesn’t love Louise and Darcy?! I think she has some really good messages in her videos (like caring for others) and I think her videos like ‘How to look average’ are hilarious.
3) The SacconeJolys. I’m counting them as one Youtuber as it’s one channel! I love the SacconeJolys, I don’t know how they manage to vlog every single day but it’s very admirable! It’s fun watching their family expand and follow their experiences and you really feel like you’re in on their world which sometimes can be a welcome break from the madness of every day life!
4) Zoella. I think everyone in the blogging world has heard of Zoe and I’m another huge fan of her videos; not only are they entertaining but I think she’s been so brave in encouraging people to be open and honest about anxiety.
6) Which leads me on to my next fact, I suffer from anxiety. I feel like a lot of bloggers are in the same boat but I think it’s important to keep talking about it to get rid of the stigma that surrounds mental health. I have suffered from anxiety and panic attacks my whole life but was officially diagnosed with an anxiety and panic disorder when I was 16. I feel a bit of a hypocrite saying we should talk about mental health when I find it so hard to; most people I know have no idea that I suffer, but I’m trying to be more open and accept that it’s absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about.
7) Last fact (well done if you’ve got this far!): I am a huge One Direction fan. Yep, I’m one of those. I’ve loved them ever since the X-Factor days and while my love for them has got much less obsessive as I’ve got older, nothing quite brings a smile to my face like a good sing along to Best Song Ever.
|(photo taken by me at the Take Me Home tour, 02 London)|
So there we go, there are 7 facts about me. I hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know me a bit better and I’d love to get to know more about you as well.
For this award, I’m tagging a few blogs that I’ve really enjoyed reading over the last few weeks.
Keep Sparkling x