Last night I was watching a British television programme hosted by Davina McCall called ‘This Time Next Year’. The programme features people that want to have achieved something by this time next year, for example to be able to read or to have had a baby. The programme then catches up with the people one year later to see whether they have achieved what they wanted to. Watching this got me thinking about all the things that I would like to have achieved by this time next year. At the moment, due to anxiety, my life is very limited and so I have a list of things that I would like to have managed to do. I thought I would share them on my blog so that I can look back in a years time and see whether I have managed to achieve them.
This time next year, I want:
- To have overcome emetophobia.
- For my anxiety to have significantly decreased.
- To be able to drive around where I live on my own.
- To be able to be a passenger in a car on A roads and motorways.
- To be able to go out and into town on my own.
- To be able to go on the train.
- To have a part-time job.
- To be able to go and stay with a friend or family.
- To still be blogging.
- To be happy and thriving.
Most of the things I want to achieve are related to my anxiety and mental health (which is something I will talk about more in future posts). I look forward to looking back on this in a years time to see whether I have managed to achieve my goals.
Have you set yourself any goals for the next year? I’d love to know in the comments!